Patch Office: Trainers
Becoming a Trainer
If you are interested in becoming a GP Trainer please contact Dr Heidi Penrose, the Mid-Wessex Associate Dean for GP. Please note that Dr Penrose works for Mid-Wessex GP Education on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Please contact the admin team in the first instance by emailing email@example.com
Approvals and Re-approvals
Dr Heidi Penrose undertakes Approval and Re-approval visits for Mid-Wessex GP Practices.
For all queries relating to visits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details on GP Trainer approval & re-approval process please see HEE Wessex website
Please note that information about ES/CPD Payments for 23/24 will be circulated in due course.
Educational Supervisor payments 2022/23 - all claims for 22/23 have been processed
For those of you who are Educational Supervisors to ST1/ST2 GP trainees in hospital posts in their current post (Aug 2022) and/or in their Feb 2023 post you may now claim for £250 per trainee per hospital post as payment of your educational supervision, i.e. maximum £500 per trainee per annum.
In order to claim:
- You must be an approved trainer.
- You must be allocated a trainee for supervision during their hospital post.
- The trainee must be in a hospital post (which commences either Aug 22 and/or Feb 23).
- You must provide an Invoice from your Practice*
- Deadline: Invoices must be sent no later than 21 October 2022
*Payment to Practice only: All invoices must state payment to be made to the Practice. We are not able to make these payments to individual trainers.Preferred pa
GP Trainer CPD payments 22/23 - all claims for 22/23 have been processed
If you were an approved trainer before 1 April 2022 and have supervised a GP trainee or an F2 trainee in your training practice during the period August 2020 and July 2022 then you are eligible to claim £750 towards your Continued Professional Development as an Educationalist for the financial year 2022/23.
In order to claim:
- You must have been an approved trainer before 1 April 2022 AND have supervised a GP trainee or an F2 trainee in your training practice during the period August 2020 and July 2022
- You must provide a Learning Plan for GP Trainers (see template)
- You must provide an Invoice using the template.
- Deadline: Claims must be sent no later than 21 October 2022
Please note, this payment is not for supervision of a current ST trainee in your practice (i.e. those who started their post in Aug 2022).
*Payment to Practice only: All invoices must state payment to be made to the Practice. We are not able to make these payments to individual trainers.
The Essential Handbook for GP Training and Education:
Free online chapters: Free online web chapters
Additional free resources: Free online book chapters